It is almost time for children, and a lot of adults, to head back to school.
No matter if you’re heading into first grade or your last year of college, back to school shopping is fun and exciting. Of course, I’m not just talking about buying pencils, notebooks and erasers but updating your shoe closet with the latest Fall Shoe Trends as well.
Here I have summarized some of the 2011 footwear trends for fall:
Fall Trends for Boots, Booties and Shoes
- You will be finding fall and winter boots and booties with lots of buckles, straps, belts, ties, laces and zippers. Designers are refocusing their attention on details, specifically the details of fasteners. Multiple buckled straps and cinched uppers are being featured on all the online shoe stores.
- Booties and boots in Animal Print are once again a big fall trend. Choose from leopard, zebra or cheetah print uppers. As long as you stick to classic styles and avoid trendy details that will date the boots, you will be able to wear your animal print boots for many years to come.
- Stay cozy with Fur, Faux Fur and Shearling this fall, there is going to be a lot of it. I love the fluffiness and warmth of Shearling lined boots on a cool fall day. Even though we may not be able to wear them until later this fall, right now is the best time to start shopping for them.
- Wedges have been big all spring and summer long and the trend continues into fall. Tall boots, ankle boots, pumps and booties will all be featuring the beloved wedged heels. There will a nice assortment of mid-height wedge heels as well as taller heights.
- When thinking pumps this fall, think lots of drama. Choose feminine details like bows, ruffles, and little rhinestone embellishments with big, bold and chunky heels. If you can’t wear heels, don’t worry. There will be a lot of lower heels and kitten heels available as well.
- The biggest trends in women’s shoes for fall 2011, according to Desiree Stimpert, the About Us Shoes Guide: Metallic’s. Specifically, metallic shoes with glitter, crystals, and rhinestones, but even if you’re not the overly-shimmery-type, you’re going to have a plethora of footwear in silver, gold, pewter, platinum, and bronze to choose from.
Have fun when you’re heading back to school with your newly acquired fashion finds. You will be one step above the rest!
Article Courtesy of: Silke from SexyShoeExpert